some of us have confusion when to trim our natural hair, and most of us do it randomly
in this article, we are going to tell you the 9 signs that indicate your natural hair needs a trim immediately
Table of contents
- how to know when natural hair needs a trim?
- 1) when you find mild curls at the end of your hair
- 2) uneven layers
- 3) When your hairstyle doesn’t look like as it should be
- 4) if you see split ends it’s time to trim
- 5) if you find knotty spots
- 6) if your hair is hard to manage
- 7) If you notice an extreme feathering
- 8) If you see tangling at the ends
- 9) Maintain a time period
- Final words
how to know when natural hair needs a trim?
- when you find mild curls at the end of your hair
- when you find uneven layers
- when your hairstyle doesn’t look like as it should be
- if you see a split ends it’s time to trim
- if you find knotty spots
- if your hair is hard to manage
- if you notice an extreme feathering
- if you see tangling at the ends
- maintain a time period
1) when you find mild curls at the end of your hair
when your hair grows longer than its efficiency, it starts curling at the end,
this indicates that your natural hair needs a trim,
however, this sign does not help the people who have curly hair, because they are always curled. LOL…
2) uneven layers
if you see some of your hair are longer than the other, this is due to some parts of your hair is weaker than the others,
so that they grow slowly or stop growing in such a case it is harder to even style them, so it is time to trim them off.
3) When your hairstyle doesn’t look like as it should be
some of the hairstyles look nice when your hair is at the right length,
if you feel that the hairstyle does not look like as it was before, it indicates your hair needs a trim.
trim the excess hair, and get back your favorite hairstyle.
4) if you see split ends it’s time to trim
split ends are often caused because of the heat that you apply straight away to your hair in the form of a hair straightener, hairdryer, etc.. items
these hair dryers take away the sebum from your hair strands and dehydrate your strands, which leads to split ends.
if you see a split ends at your hair it is time to trim them off,
there are many products available in the market for the split end, but
none of them work like trimming your excess hair,
keep in mind that excess hair is extra hair and it is not yours so it is better to cut them off.
5) if you find knotty spots
if you find few knotty spots at the end of your hair it’s fine, but if you start to see a lot like that then it is time to trim your hair.
knotty spots are very hard to handle and it’s also very time consuming so it is an urgent sign to trim them.
6) if your hair is hard to manage
for some people, the hair grows very long naturally without any problems,
even though they love the long hair, it is hard for them to manage,
unless you are interested in getting a Guinness record(just for fun), trim them off.
this is a rare case.
7) If you notice an extreme feathering
extreme feathering means when you grab your hair from the root to the end of your strands if the diameter if the hair is extremely smaller than the hair near the root, it is called extreme feathering.
feathering is usual for all the people but if it is extreme then it is time to trim the hair.
source – bglh-marketplace
8) If you see tangling at the ends
when you see a tangling at the end of your hair and when no treatments work to detangle it,
it is an indication that you need to trim your hair.
9) Maintain a time period
some people say trimming time period is once in 8 weeks and some others say trimming your hair once in 3 months will be a fine time period
you can follow any of these time periods, the choice is yours.
trimming your hair at the right time will help it to be stronger as it was before,
when you look at the ends of your hair it will show you whether to trim your hair or not.
if you see any of the above symptoms then immediately trim your natural hair,
this helps your hair to look more natural and healthy.