Office is the place which makes us money to lead our life, and chair is the thing that we use in the office,
Some owners gives more importance to the chairs and thats important too because the more comfort we give the employees, the more output they give us.
Lets see some basic information about the ergonomic chairs,
Table of contents
First of all, what is ergonomic chair?
The office chairs that are having adjustable seat height, seat depth and the lumbar support are called as ergonomic chairs,
they are made adjustable inorder to give the perfect comfort to the user based on their height and their body type.
How do you know if a chair is ergonomic?
If a chair fulfills the below requirements, then they are ergonomic chairs,
- The height of the ergonomic can be adjusted to attain the comfortable seating position,
- The back rest posture can be adjusted, it can be leaned and used in different positions,
- It has adjustable arm rest, adjustable armrest gives even more comfort to you while you work,
- The back rest height is also adjustable so that the taller persons can also get the perfect comfort as the shorter ones,
- It has swivel seat so that you can rotate in 360 degree without changing the position of the chair,
- The ergonomic chair has caster wheels so that you can move it from one place to another without any difficulty.
The above mentioned properties makes a chair ergonomic.
Is head rest needed for ergonomic chair?
Generally ergonomic chairs have adjustable back rest so that they don’t need head rest, but if they have head rest then it is an extra added benefit but the headrest should be adjustable.
Best ergonomic chair position
To know how to sit in an ergonomic chair is most important than buying an ergonomic chair,
- Move your back close to the backrest, make sure there is no gap,
- adjust the lumbar support, make sure the lumbar support is on 100 degree or sometimes you can even lean it backward according to the comfortness,
- make sure your feet touches the floor and your knees are little bit below your hip.
The above mentioned is the correct position to sit on an ergonomic chair, you can move the back rest and the headrest according to your comfortability.
How to request an ergonomic chair at work?
Mostly bosses will try to make every expenses as small as they can and very few of them think about the comfortness of the employees,
while requesting an ergonomic chair make sure sure your company is running in a success route or your boss will kick you out of the company,
Tell him the impact that the ergonomic chair brings in work, explain him how the comfortness increases your work mood and increases the revenue.
How expensive is an ergonomic chair?
As ergonomic chairs provide most comfortable seating positions, they are very costly but considering the benefits it gives it is worth buying,
If you wanna buy a decent and good quality ergonomic chair you need to spend atleast $200, there are chairs below this price range but this price range will give you a decent one.
How to buy an ergonomic chair?
Consider the above mentioned requirements and you can choose the one according to that,
If you are very new to buying furniture then you can buy it from the offline stores, because it gives you a chance to see and examine it,
you can also buy it online from amazon, make sure the product has a good star rating and decent review before you buy online.